AFT-Oregon Scholarship applications are now open.
Download the forms linked below for the scholarship you wish to apply to. After you have filled out the forms email them to AFT-Oregon Administrative Office Coordinator Leah Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to her at AFT-Oregon office (address is below):
Attention: Leah Leach
10228 SW Capitol Hwy
Portland, Oregon 97219
All applications are due Jan. 31, 2016
Members of Oregon Federation of Nurses and Health Care Professionals (Local 5017), Oregon Nurses Association (ONA), and Oregon School Employees Association (Local 6732) are not eligible for the AFT-Oregon scholarships, only the Union Plus or the AFT scholarships.
If you have any questions please feel free to email Leah or call the office at 971-888-5665.
To acknowledge these efforts, the Executive Council established this Award. It annually recognizes an individual in Oregon who has contributed to the general public’s awareness on issues important to the AFT-Oregon membership.
Any Oregonian, members included, who has demonstrated the criteria during 2015, is eligible for this award. The nominee must be a resident of Oregon.
Nominations may be made by individual members; by a Local through action of the membership or of the Local Executive Council; by the AFT-Oregon Executive Council; and by AFT-Oregon Staff.
- General Excellence (Print, E-Letter)
- Recognizes general excellence in a regular Local publication based on writing, editing, content, layout and design.
- Writing Achievement (Print, E-Letter, Website)
- Best News Story: News stories covering current Local events, focusing on the Who, What, When, Where and Why.
- Best Feature Story: Features are individualistic treatment of an event or person using human-interest details to emphasize a theme or point.
- Best Column/Editorial: Representing a point of view by an officer or member of the Local.
- Artistic Achievement (Print, E-letter, Website)
- Best Art or Photo: Photos or artwork that enhance the message of a story, are professional and are appropriate to the audience.
- Best Layout/Graphics: A front page, center spread or specific article, with easy-to-follow layout, typography that contributes to readability, appearance and elements of design.
- Best Website
- The site should be easy to maneuver, graphically interesting and provide valuable information to members and site visitors.
- Best Use of Social Media (Facebook or Twitter)
- Engages members and provides valuable information for all site visitors.
- External Communications
- Recognizes achievement in materials produced to promote your Local or a Local program outside the Local. Examples might include programs developed for a political campaign; a Local “public awareness” program; or a “public image” program.
Members from Coalition of Graduate Employees (CGE), Local 6069, hold up their award for best website at the 2015 AFT-Oregon Convention.