Make sure the AFT voice is heard at the AFL-CIO convention
Oregon AFL-CIO’s convention is scheduled for September 26-29, 2013, Riverhouse, Bend, Oregon. To ensure that AFT-Oregon memb ers have a strong presence at this important decision-making event, it’s important for Locals to hold delegate elections before the end of the school year or spring term.
Per the Oregon AFL-CIO Constitution and Bylaws, the number of delegates to which a Local Union is entitled shall be based on the following schedule:
- 175 members or less: 2 delegates
- 176 to 375 members: 3 delegates
- 376 to 750 members: 4 delegates
- 751 to 1,250 members: 5 delegates
- 1,251 to 1,750 members: 6 delegates
- 1,751 to 2,250 members: 7 delegates
- 2,251 to 2,750 members: 8 delegates
Local Unions having more than twenty seven hundred fifty (2,750) members shall be entitled to one (1) additional delegate for each additional five hundred (500) members (or major fraction thereof).
For additional questions, contact Sue Harrison at the Oregon AFL-CIO, (503) 585-6320, and plan your election soon. Locals will receive the official Call-to-Convention and related information this summer.