AFT-Oregon is a state affiliate of the American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO. Our affiliated local unions represent over 18,000 Oregon workers in K-12, community college and higher education in faculty, academic professional and classified positions, as well as child care workers, in both public and private sectors. AFT-Oregon, in coalition with other unions and community groups, advocates for quality education and health care for all Oregonians, and gives working people a voice in our state’s capitol.
AFT-Oregon has participated in the passage of legislation with improvements in many areas important to Oregonians, including: Part-time Faculty Healthcare, Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligibility; Minimum wage; Patient Protection; The Public Employee Collective Bargaining Act; Education reform and funding; and Workers Compensation.
AFT-Oregon, a labor organization composed of autonomous locals with shared interests will:
- Provide coordinated advice, resources and education to affiliated locals
- Be a strong unified voice in the labor movement, civic affairs and political action
- Continue to bring new members into the labor movement
in order to improve the quality of people’s working and personal lives through commitments to quality education, social justice and a powerful progressive labor movement.
Five Values of AFT
- Great neighborhood public schools for every student, in every neighborhood, and high-quality affordable public higher education.
- Economic opportunity for every American and the opportunity to advance by joining a union.
- Affordable, high-quality healthcare for every American.
- Democracy, pluralism and voting rights.
- An end to discrimination, hatred and bigotry, to create a more fair and just society for all.
- AFT-Oregon Locals
- AFT-Oregon Executive Council
- AFT-Oregon Staff
- AFT National
- "Like" AFT-Oregon on Facebook
- Follow @AFTOregon on Twitter